Monday 12 May 2014

Periodic Table of the Presidents Poster

We're into the final week! And with the last week comes a last stretch goal: I was approached about making a website for the table once the Kickstarter is complete. It will be colorful and abundantly educational, so I'd love to do it! With a website, I want teachers from across the country to be able to request free posters. If, in the last week, we can reach $3,600, I can: 1. Commission a professional web designer to create a beautiful and interactive website. 2. On the website, have a page where teachers can request posters, 100% paid for by me with the extra money raised by this Kickstarter. I'd love to be able to do this, but I need a little extra to be able to buy in bulk and hire a web designer. For this, I need to reach $3,600. If you're as excited by the prospect of a website and free posters for teachers across the country by request, please share, email and spread the word about the Kickstarter in our final week! Thanks so much! Griffin P.S. stretch goal revised down from$4,000 because of $400 check donation.
6/10 UPDATE: We reached the $2400 stretch goal! That means that all pledges over $22 also receive a bonus 'Red vs. Blue' auxiliary poster! Millard Fillmore made California a state, abolished the slave trade in Washington DC and joined the "Know Nothing" Party. Put simply, Millard Fillmore was a boss. But nobody knows it. Presidential history is on the decline in classrooms and in public knowledge. And thusly, let me introduce you to the Periodic Table of the Presidents, a visual and vibrant way to present a history of the American Presidency. My name is Griffin and I'm a student. The Periodic Table of the Presidents was a boredom-binge project that I undertook one weekend. I set out to make a table of the presidents organized in the same manner that the periodic table of the elements is organized, in sequential order, grouped by similarities and placed across periods based on era. After a few days and lots of paint, it was complete:
I was so excited that I wanted to turn my painting into a poster to share it with others, especially history teachers who could use it in their classrooms as educational tools. But alas, printing is expensive, and that's how I found myself on Kickstarter! If we meet the goal, the $400 will go toward an initial print (it will cover the initial printing cost and the cost of shipping rewards out) and anything extra will go toward giving posters to history classrooms, and setting up to sell online. Thanks so much for your help, and please take a look at the rewards and our $2400 stretch goal. . .

Source:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1938686589/periodic-table-of-the-presidents-poster

No comments:

Post a Comment